According to the statement, Macron is “still in charge” of running the country, with all other gatherings due to be held via video conference."In accordance with current health regulations applicable to everyone, the president will isolate himself for seven days, continuing to work and conduct duties remotely”, the spokesperson added.
The spokesperson also said that the president had cancelled all his trips, including an upcoming visit to Lebanon, and that his office is now identifying those who may have contacted him before he tested positive for the coronavirus.
The developments come as the head of the French Senate said, without elaborating, that the country’s Prime Minister Jean Castex will also self-isolate. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, meanwhile, wished Macron "a speedy recovery" in a Twitter message posted on Thursday. Johnson, along with US President Donald Trump, contracted the coronavirus and then successfully recovered earlier this year.According to the spokesperson, it remains unclear how Macron became infected with COVID-19.
Комментарии (0)